Philippine Constitution (1987)
Section 5. (1) The State shall take into account regional and sectoral needs and conditions and shall encourage local planning in the development of educational policies and programs.
(2) Academic freedom shall be enjoyed in all institutions of higher learning.
Section 10. Science and technology are essential for national development and progress. The State shall give priority to research and development, invention, innovation, and their utilization; and to science and technology education, training, and services. It shall support indigenous, appropriate, and self-reliant scientific and technological
RA 8292 (Higher Education Modernization Act of 1997)
Section 2. Declaration of Policy. “The State shall likewise ensure
RA 9311 (The Eastern Visayas State University Charter of 2004)
Section 2. General Mandate. “The University … shall undertake research and extension services and provide progressive leadership in its areas of specialization.”
Section 3. Curricular Offerings. “The University shall offer undergraduate, graduate and short term technical courses within its areas of specialization and according to its capabilities…….to carry out its objectives, particularly to meet the needs of the Province of Leyte and the Eastern
Section 7. Powers and Duties of the Board of Regents. The Board shall have the following specific powers and duties….
- To promulgate rules and regulations not contrary to law as may be necessary to carry out the purposes and functions of the University;
- To receive and appropriate all sums as may be provided, for the support of the University in the manner it may determine in its discretion to carry out the purposes and functions of the University;
- To authorize the awarding of certificates of completion of non-degree and non-traditional courses;
- To establish research and extension centers of the University where such will promote the development of the latter;
- To develop consortia and other economic forms of linkages with local government units, institutions and agencies, both public and private, local and foreign, in furtherance of the purpose and objectives of the University;
- To develop academic arrangements for institution capability building with appropriate institutions and agencies, public and private, local and foreign and appoint experts/specialists as consultants, part time or visiting or exchange professors, scholars, researchers, as the case may be;
- To set up the adoption of modern and innovative modes of transmitting knowledge such as the use of information technology, dual system, open learning or distance education, community laboratory, for the promotion of greater access to higher education; and,
- To establish policy guidelines and procedures for participative decision-making and transparency within the University.
2520total visits,1visits today